A large part of the Islington’s Pride project has involved collating and collecting archives, from material already held in the Islington Local History Centre to donations from individuals and organisations. The archive focuses on the London Borough of Islington’s LGBTQ+ heritage, a borough that has been highly influential in the growth of the LGBTQ+ community, its organisations and rights through the 20th and into the 21st Century. We are still collecting so if you’ve got anything you might like to donate to the archive please get in touch!
The Islington’s Pride archive contains a variety of material from flyers, posters, badges, books and more. We are steadily working on putting the material on our online catalogue and to have a look please head over to: https://ilh-web.adlibhosting.com/Pride/home
Know what you’re looking for? Great, search away using the Advanced Search.
Just browsing? No problem, we’ve got some themes that you can explore on the main search page:
- Charities and Organisations
- Campaigning and Politics
- Social Life
Have a click about; try the different subject tags and expand the hierarchy browser to see what else is in that part of the collection.
The collections that have already been added to the catalogue:
- Islington’s Pride – LGBTQ+ material collected by Islington Local Authority
- Central Station – Material collected by the LGBTQ+ pub
- Charlie Kiss – Material collected by an LGBTQ+ individual
- Islington and Haringey Gay Group – Material collected by the LGBTQ+ Group
- Jane Addey and Julie Keylock – Material collected by LGBTQ+ individuals
- Square Peg Magazine – Issues 1 to 31, excluding no.17
The Archive is held in the Islington Local History Centre and appointments can be made by contacting the team by email: firstname.lastname@example.org